PVPAUL

3 Chickens on 32” rotisserie Cradle?

On 8/12/2019 at 9:20 AM, Basher said:

Size wise It handled the birds easily. Looks to be a hotter cook through the middle area of the KK.

Cooking direct.. the outside area where the firebox is without charcoal will never have the same heat as the areas directly above charcoal. The uniform heat comes into play when you cook indirectly and use more of the heat from the walls.  I remember seeing someone placing a strip of foil dead center over their charcoal to reduce the heat in the center.. I think they even put a bunch of holes in it to distribute the heat the way they wanted it.

• Like 1

All, thanks for your feedback, next time I’ll do a better job of an even fire across the width of the grill and will plan on setting up more of an “indirect” cook with foil or pans etc. I was out pontooning with a bunch of friends and had my son light the grill and while he lit it in 3 spots across the width it ended up not an being an even fire...I could of cleaned it up a bit etc but after pontooning.................... was just in a bit of a hurry...using the craddle for the first time......... I think you get my drift!!!

Best,

Paul

• Haha 1

Hi Paul...just my 2cents....ive done a few roti cooks in my 32 with the basket split length ways like this IMG_0878.thumb.JPG.021469f62dda9941b3924008f8a7c18b.JPGIMG_0892.thumb.jpeg.185c2ab1ebb8974423c338cc4a8b7d06.jpeg

using a few SS pegs to keep these pieces in situ.

IMG_0891.thumb.jpeg.e9916729f81af398a25c66df99d421f1.jpeg

Have since learnt to put the fuel in the back section now. Do all my picanha, chook and lamb chop cooks without any alfoil or deflectors, sorry i'll put some alfoil on the empty side to keep that area cleanIMG_1118.thumb.JPG.da6c6d6a8ab9b52aa0bfcea872f25209.JPG

The KK's depth allows you to do so, long as your running a reasonable temp.IMG_0883.thumb.JPG.d6c2f17715c5c2be22cf277eec855bc9.JPG

• Like 2