Basher

The Clock is Now Ticking

Thanks Jonj.

Tekobo the roof will be iron and will cover the bbq and be about 150mm short of the boundary fence so there is room to run a gutter.

A mate has some grey gum timber slabs for my bench that he has cut from his property and the sink is a ground out river stone that sits on top of the bench.

The KK is close to being built and could be 6 weeks away. I doubt this outdoor area will be finished in 6 weeks.

I guess it will have to stay crated on my back deck for a while....... or not.

Any tips on what to do for a floor in the courtyard? I was thinking of a polished concrete with chunks of sandstone pebbles through it.

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Basher said:

Any tips on what to do for a floor in the courtyard? I was thinking of a polished concrete with chunks of sandstone pebbles through it.

My first thought was that you don't want to end up with a skating rink when it is wet.  Having said that, I remember that you Aussies have a great outdoor aesthetic and you will have lots of products on the market to fit this outdoor use.  I like the idea of a poured floor that gives a similar continuous look to that in your artist's impression.  

Very exciting news. Just had an email from one of Dennis's helpers advising that my new KK is on board the ship Limari with a touch down ETA in Brisbane on the 29th of September. That's a Sunday................yes, I will be standing at the wharf waving the ship in to dock..... and directing containers!

No Tekobo, there is zero chance that I will have the backyard completed before the KK arrives.

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

What a day!
It felt like a Christmas Eve last night for a 10 year old.
Delivery arrived late so my hired muscle was sitting around
It was a tight fit- 10mm to navigate through 2 close gates.e3753c3a377a0ca89e47ca8eb267e725.jpge3753c3a377a0ca89e47ca8eb267e725.jpg
2b4326df54f6bd802c43b2f3c829bc7c.jpg517c472c4907ceba760bed256cf2d039.jpgec294c8ade5e12414e4b8f918d13d106.jpg
Finally over dodgy ramps on a dodgy pellet jack.
cf9078fef2894f4d18a83a8f7aa5e024.jpg
f230d0c40f72b937b944b2428824a79a.jpg
This is a temporary uncrating home.
What’s the best way to roll it off the support island it’s sitting on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4