Basher

The Clock is Now Ticking

Some progress today.

Set the posts and the roof.

b3e891449015701ef0ca20d1998be1ad.jpg

ae8c14a466b0b7338a99b0dc2c70fa35.jpg

7f7e67bce9f93ef0adf37ff808a65572.jpg

For the observant, that’s a netball hoop at 3m( 10 feet), not a basketball hoop.

And enjoyed the view from where I expect to be having a few more of these.

99d86d3f8000454f00425d2809bb9620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Great progress!  Has to be nice to start to see the shape of things to come!!  Love the "construction" wine table!!!

Thanks Jon, yes, every day is a new day to understand how it shapes up.
I’m very conscious about aspect and summer/ winter solace and how the sun can be shaped through the day. We live in a hot climate and until the form is in place, it’s interesting to see where the hot and cold places will be at different times of the year. Plant growth will also play a role over my next 3- 5 years of discovery.

• Like 3

The kids want to see how the fire pit area was, so we have it a go after the plumbers had run the lines for gas, hot and cold water, sewerage for waste and stormwater.
fdec95973b6183657f9a2a0e45edc7b1.jpg

f9d2440923e53d1a3fe9c2fbf6a53e2e.jpg

7a5bece7c6936263420d0db62efde3fa.jpg
Used it as an opportunity to burn some of the scrap timber rather than dumping it.
It’s hard to tell what’s been treated these days. If in doubt, it’s dumped.

• Like 5

Basher, that's an usual fire pit, how thick is that metal? You certainly don't find one like that at the local hardware! I was thinkin, right along the rim you could attach some nice cup holders or clean it out and make a giant volcano drink with huge straws you know, one of those sharing drinks. When this all passes of course.  That is an awesome look with all the rust

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Basher, that's an usual fire pit, how thick is that metal? You certainly don't find one like that at the local hardware! I was thinkin, right along the rim you could attach some nice cup holders or clean it out and make a giant volcano drink with huge straws you know, one of those sharing drinks. When this all passes of course.  That is an awesome look with all the rust

Punch bowl! Not sure I’d be drinking it.
The steel is about a 1/4 inch thick and I’d say it would hold around 30 gal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hang in there Basher. Brings back fresh memories of going through this summer before last. I had to balance walking across joists to get to the kk and we call it the year of the lost summer. This will be done soon, beautiful, and you will be enjoying it and not even remembering this part.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Basher said:

Thanks Steve and Troble.
This is the start of my bench top.

And oiled.

It was going to be a chopping board bench top.
Don’t think I can chop on this now......... maybe after the first year

Yeah, I don't think I could run knife blades across it either. That's really nice looking.

• Like 1

Gorgeous top! I'm sure I wouldn't cut on it either. But, think of the nice cutting board you can now get to go with it.

There will be a couple of nice cutting boards from the off cuts Jon.Today there were two chippies, four stone masons, one sparky. Same tomorrow plus a plumber to give me gas to the cooker over the Easter weekend.

0600f64ff27790781cfe3ff32879983f.jpg

These are expensive days.

Tomorrow being Thursday before Easter I’ve promised them all a cook up on the KK.

My chippies are keen offset smokers and kettle cooks, and my Croatian stone masons cook everything over fire.

They’ve requested smoke flavour from the red gum off cuts.

Chook thighs and lamb shanks are on the menu.

These guys rock up to every worksite with a plug in George Forman grill for their smoko!

eef410190ec7fa28fb1ebc3510aaf4b3.jpg

Here it is tucked away for the night....... on top of their microwave.

What happened to the peanut butter sandwich in a paper bag?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3