Alphonse

Did you order or buy from "in stock"?

I am in the studies and think I would like the 32" BB.  I am leaning toward one of the blues.  

Wondering how many of you owners ordered one to be built vs. buying "in stock" to get what you wanted?   If you ordered one to be built, how long did it take to get it?  

38 minutes ago, Pequod said:

If you haven't already, call Dennis. He often has more grills in the color you want available than what is shown on the website. He will send you pics, and can most definitely tell you how long to build if need be.

Thanks for the insights. 

Yes, I have spoken to Dennis but this one wasn't on my list when I called!    We did talk about transit times but not on build/ship times.  Thought I would ask here and call again when I get a bit more direction on what I want.   

Were yours in stock when you bought them? 

5 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Thanks for the insights. 

Yes, I have spoken to Dennis but this one wasn't on my list when I called!    We did talk about transit times but not on build/ship times.  Thought I would ask here and call again when I get a bit more direction on what I want.   

Were yours in stock when you bought them? 

My first was in stock. Then when I was looking to add the 32 Dennis proactively sent me pics of grills that looked like a match. My 32 turned out to be at sea, in transit to the stateside warehouse. Just a short wait and it was on a truck to the east coast.

• Like 1

Alphonse, I ordered mine in the 3rd week of February this year and received it the first week of June,,,,so about 3.5 months for mine and I’m in Wisconsin. There was a delay due to a holiday in Indonesia and I was one of the lucky ones who also got delayed going through customs. It seemed like the build went quick, just some bad luck in transit etc. Like Pequod said good to touch base with Dennis on inventory. I can speak from experience as I ordered mine custom as the color I liked most wasn’t in inventory.....When I was waiting ( which is like a young boy waiting for Christmas) I happened to go on the web site and low and behold the exact grill wanted was then in inventory!!! Because it was the 11th hour and most of my accessories were packed in the crate from Indonesia i just stayed with my order. Based on my experience I would say plan on 3 months +/- 2 weeks. 

Good Luck,

Paul

• Like 1

My 32 was ordered from scratch, but i'm in Perth, Australia so they ship direct from factory in Indonesia.

Whichever way you go you'll enjoy the KK immensely, but for me, there was something nice about choosing the tile, then seeing it being built in the factory, then packed and shipped. Then the anxious wait for the ship to get to your local port, through customs and finally delivered to your residence. It added to the whole journey!

As the others have said above, Dennis will quite regularly have more grills in stock than are on the site so make sure to talk to him as you might be able to choose from a whole range of different shades of blue, i know when i was looking at the cobalt blue pebble he explained that the sheets of tile arrive and they are not all the same colour, so the guys hand sort them into the best matched sheets and then build KK's from those. With cobalt blue you might range from much lighter to much darker and everything in between.

Good luck with the purchase, you won't regret it.

• Like 1