Kupermanp

recommended accessories for the BB32

I've been doing some research and I'm strongly considering a BB32.  I've looked at some other threads on this topic but they refer to the smaller model. 

Based on the other threads the things I should get are

1)the basket splitter both for two zone cooking but also for smaller Cooks in general

2) as much cocochar as I can stuff on my pallet

I already have a cyberguru that I really like.

I'm strongly considering the smoker as I'm intreagued by the idea of cold smoking fish and or bacon.

Has anybody used the rotisserie basket?

Any other must have accessories?

29 minutes ago, Kupermanp said:

I've been doing some research and I'm strongly considering a BB32.  I've looked at some other threads on this topic but they refer to the smaller model. 

Based on the other threads the things I should get are

1)the basket splitter both for two zone cooking but also for smaller Cooks in general

2) as much cocochar as I can stuff on my pallet

I already have a cyberguru that I really like.

I'm strongly considering the smoker as I'm intreagued by the idea of cold smoking fish and or bacon.

Has anybody used the rotisserie basket?

Any other must have accessories?

Rotisserie spit rod, baking stone, sunbrella cover.

• Like 1

How big is the rotisserie basket?  I was mostly interested in using this for duck. 

Do you guys have problems with mold when using the cover.  I used to keep my current kamado covered but the inside would get incredibly moldy within a couple of days.  I stopped using the cover so there was some airflow and I never had a problem again.  The kamado will be in a covered area so it will not get any rain but it will be near the ocean.

Does everyone agree the basket splitter is a must have?

Hello Kupermanp, I’m somewhat a newbie here as I’ve only owned my 32”KK about 10 weeks now. I cannot comment on the mold as I’ve not had any issues yet but only 10 weeks into it. I would say the basket splitter is a must!. I recently used the rotisserie and was able to fit 3 chickens that were about 5.0 tp 5.5lbs each. Hope this helps for reference. I would also say the cold smoker is a must for both cold smoking and hot smoking of foods.

The air flow is so minimal at low and slow that in my opinion you really need the cold smoker attachment. 

Good luck,

Paul

8 hours ago, Kupermanp said:

Does everyone agree the basket splitter is a must have?

I do.  I think it will also help with your duck cooks using the rotisserie.  Not sure how what direction you would split in a 32 but it would be good to have the duck cooking indirect for a while so you don't have a fire basket full of dripping fat.  

Thanks for all the replies. 

Paul- I actually saw that thread on the 3 chickens.  Pretty impressive (although that pic of the 42 swallowing three with room to spare was frankly scary 😀)

Based on the design I assume you can't use the smoker and a bbqguru at the same time as they use the same port

Definitely planning on doing the duck indirect.  I had a little inferno once with a duck directly over the flames

K

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kupermanp said:

Thanks for all the replies. 

Paul- I actually saw that thread on the 3 chickens.  Pretty impressive (although that pic of the 42 swallowing three with room to spare was frankly scary 😀)

Based on the design I assume you can't use the smoker and a bbqguru at the same time as they use the same port

Definitely planning on doing the duck indirect.  I had a little inferno once with a duck directly over the flames

K

The newer 32's have two ports -- one for the cold smoker and one for the guru. You can definitely do both at once. Just confirm with Dennis that the KK you order has both and you'll be good to go.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.  I just bought a 32BB.  Went with 

1. Basket splitter

2. Roti basket plus the reducers( you need these to cook items smaller than a piglet)

3.  Cold smoker

4. Bread stone

5. Cocochar and some coffee wood

should be here just in time to do little grilling after cleaning up from the hurricane.  Dorian should be a

hitting us tomorrow some time.

thanks again

K