LK BBQ

Basic advice

Dennis now makes a warming grate for the 23.  Here it is on his site although it appears to be sold out in the US at the moment.  https://komodokamado.com/products/23-ultimate-main-rear-warming-grate @ThreeDJ16 was ahead of the game with his version.  I have one and I find it really useful alongside the fire basket splitter.  

Here is a post from @Pequod showing how he uses it:

P.S.  @John T I now see that you are getting the 21.  Here is the link for the warming grate for the 21: https://komodokamado.com/products/21-supreme-main-rear-warming-grate 

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 1

total newbie question relating to the reverse sear protocol:
After the cook on the main grill, do you remove the main grill from the KK and place to the side to access the sear grill for those final few minutes?  The hinged section on the grills doesn't seem wide enough to provide good access.
Thanks

John the hinged part on the main grill is to manage the fire mid cook if required.
I use it sometimes to drop some timber in for extra smoke flavour and to stir the charcoal if the heat needs to be spread or concentrated.
Definitely not to manage cooks through on a lower grate.
Good luck with your cooks. There is plenty of info online to assist your production of good food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a link to another thread on the VersaGrill. Note how he fabricated it specifically to use with a roti. If Dennis or someone else wanted to produce this thing again, it might sell quite well!

It was quite the bargain a $35.00 versus hacking apart a $350.00 main grill!!!