jdbower

Thai-Talien Hot Sauce

I found a recipe for a fairly flavorful hot sauce (original source in the link). It's not just heat like some of the sauces with Death in their name, but it's hotter than most while retaining a fairly complex flavor. And since I grow my own Thai chili peppers it's a great way to use them :) As with most sauces, a day or two (or longer) will let the flavors permeate evenly.

Thai-Talian Hot Sauce

1 cup distilled water

3 level Tbsp crushed roasted Thai chilies

5 tsp Red wine vinegar

1 tsp Balsamic vinegar

1/2 tsp Dark sesame oil

2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil

1 Tbs Soy sauce

2 tsp Fish sauce

3-4 Large cloves garlic

1/2 tsp Onion powder

1/2 tsp Sea salt

1 Add the ingredients to a blender and blend on medium until smooth. Stop the blender occasionally and push down the chili sauce that has been splashed onto the side of the blender carafe with a spatula. This will probably take about 5-10 minutes. When fully blended, remove the carafe and hold it between your hands. Swirl the contents against the side of the container to remove all the bubbles. That's all there is to it!

2 Put this into one of those 10 ounce bottles of store bought pepper sauce such as Tapatio hot sauce. It has a plastic stoppered mouth with a small shaker hole that is a great way to apply this sauce to your food. Just pour the store bought swill down the drain and wash the bottle out. You can reuse the same bottle for years. You should have some room left in the bottle, top it off with more distilled water. If the sauce is too thick once chilled, add more distilled water when there is room. Once mixed, keep the bottle of sauce refrigerated between uses. Shake before using.