fcnich

Attachment Downloads

Hi hope someone can answer my question. i posted a picture as an attachment, finally found out how by changing the picture to a bmp....anyway... i went to the usercontrol panel, manage attachments and under download there was the number 40. Does this mean that 40 people have downloaded that picture?? I dont mind at all just curious why they would want a picture of a hood ornament!! So if anyone who did download it i would like to know why, i am an amature photographer, just a fun thing that someone would want it, i have more lol!!

Re: Attachment Downloads

There's no real way to know whether a picture was downloaded just to view or if someone actually downloaded it to save it. What I'm uncertain about is whether the counter records the number of times the image is viewed or the number of times the image is clicked on (which typically brings up a larger view).

Most of the downloads in a forum are just to view the image, but once it's been viewed the user can always save it by right clicking on the image and selecting "Save As." Since the browser already is displaying the image, the server doesn't need to know when this happens so it's kind of hidden from us.