slu

Costco Kobe Beef Patties

Re: Costco Kobe Beef Patties

Susan' date=' I brought the KK up to 275 for an hour prior to placing the patties in on indirect heat. I left mine in for about 15-20 minutes, and the other for about an hour. I then removed both. Configured the KK for high heat bringing the dome temp up to about 550. I seared on the lower grate for about 60 seconds per side. Mine was medium rare, and the other was well done but still moist. Peter[/quote']

Thanks for the details, Peter. I will definitely try that technique for my brother.

Re: Costco Kobe Beef Patties

Susan' date=' always use a full basket of lump for any cook. You may only wind up using a little of the top layer, but fill it up.... ".[/quote']

My KK is leaky because my original gasket is shot. Dennis sent me the new one but its been too miserable outside even here in New York to even think about installing it. So I'm burning 2/3 of the lump I put in the KK no matter how much it is. It's the main reason I'm so thrilled with the Weber baskets. If I can make it airtight with the new gasket, I'll be back to filling the KK basket and will see if I can get that inferno going with the lid up.

One of my favorite features of the KK is the ability to grill close to the flame since we like beef well seared and crispy but rare inside - like 118.

I may be imposing on you tomorrow since I'm doing my annual pork butt cook for a family get together. It's my third time doing a pork butt so I should have it down by now but it still makes me nervous and its so comforting knowing this group is here.

Susan