paul1927

This Might Not be The Right Area . . .

Some months back I gave my neighbor a small sample of ribs that I made on the Q. She wasn't into meat and that is one of the reasons it was just a small sample. So she tells me the ribs are the best she has ever eaten and she wanted to know what I did. I explained that all the credit went to the Q that Dennis makes and that my ribs were poor in every way before I bought the Q. She says I WANT TO BUY YOUR Q. I laugh and say you're not even going to get a peek a my Q let alone buy it! I thought she was just joking and was having a little fun back. Remember she is supposed to be more of a salad person and not a meat eater. She mentioned how fantastic my ribs were from time to time, but I didn't pay it too much attention because I was so busy trying to secure my home from possible intruders (like the crack addict).

Anyway, she wanted me to do something for her and I said no because I think my BBQ grill will be coming in. She says what are you talking about? You already have a grill and make fantastic ribs with it. I say I'm getting a 2nd one. She says the same kind? I say yes, but a better model. Now she wants one too. I think she is joking, but NO she says she is serious. I tell her it is over a $1000 and rising quickly plus shipping and that makes her take a gulp. She's never seen my Q and just knows of it from the ribs she fell in love with. :D

She still wants to buy, but only if it is the one that can cook the ribs. I tell her that's the one. When I show the picture of her would be Q she is in love with the way it looks and the beautiful tiles and wants to know the price. When I told her the price she took another gulp. I said he keeps improving the product, the dollar is collapsing, and the bottom line is the price is rising. Then she is concerned that it is coming from somebody overseas and I tell her that Dennis has been more than fair with me when he could of just taken the money an run. That impressed her and then she was just worried about shipping time.

I think she is going to be a very happy camper. :)

Essentially She Bought on Taste Without Ever Seeing the Q

It's funny after trying my ribs she tells me she wants to buy my grill (Q). Because I don't think like that (I would need to see it and do some research, etc.) it was just a big joke and compliment to me. Now, I learn she was actually serious. Also, there was a little bit of a communication problem. She said she wanted to buy MY grill (Q); not that she wanted to know where or how to buy one for herself. So naturally I got a little overprotective of my Q. :wink:

And, I think she took me seriously when I told her she wouldn't even get to see my grill. I had thought that my joking was self evident. It is still difficult for me to think ok you like a meal and that equals a solid desire to buy without even seeing the proverbial pig? I need work on being more open minded. :)

Another happy camper said just let 'em taste the food and Qs sell themselves. Apparently taste buds alone can lead to a sale.