My Birthday Present

:D Got my classic about 10 days ago - I am very impressed with the robustness of the construction and was very pleased with the quality and fit of the unit. The overall Komodo Kamado surpasses my expectations. I am still learning how to use it but my wife loves not cooking. The gas burner and side tables are on the way - can't wait. Everything that I have cooked so far is much more moist and cooks faster than I am used to. Another great part is - from the time I ordered it till I was cooking was less than a week - much much better than some others I considered, plus more "stuff" with it.

Thanks Dennis

Happy Birthday!

What a great gift! That is a really pretty cooker you have there! I love how there's no steel bands on the outside to interrupt the tiling or the natural contours of the cooker. I own a Kamado (different company), and they have steel bands on the outside, and these big spring assist tubes on either side. I had to pull the springs out of the tubes when I first got it, because they were pushing up too much on the dome or the bands, and causing seal problems. Pulling the springs solved that problem, but now I'm the only one that can open that bear. And the tubes really detract from the appearance. It does make some great BBQ tho!

Have you done any low-and-slow or overnite cooks yet? Pulled pork, brisket, ribs??

No overnights yet - not enough time in the weekends

I have done a high temp steak grill - it was the best steak ever - and I did some baby backs but did them for only 5 hrs

I am still learning to control temps - getting better but it takes some practice

By the way the lifting mechanism on this grill actually lifts the lid up - you have to pull it down