I'm sure Deej will move this wherever he wants it but,

I've done one small pork butt with it.

I've never used an extruded charcoal before so my opinion won't be worth much for comparison. But since you asked:

I started it with a small amount of Cowboy, so had no problems lighting.

Deliberately did not add any wood - wanted to see what flavor was imparted. It's very very mild, reminiscent of oven cooked. It needed more smoke which is cool - it will allow me to add the kind of smoke I want.

I was amazed at how much charcoal was left at the end of 12 hours. Shut down my Primo grill then. Checked again much much later and it had continued to burn despite being shut down. Guess hard to light means hard to extinguish - my cooker is usually air tight enough despite my crappy gasket to extinguish the charcoal.

Needless to say, I had a fair bit of ash, but I had also burned nearly 1/2 box of charcoal (most of it accidentally). I'll have to assess the ash production again some other time. Those few pieces that were not fully burned were not too crumbly to shake off and reuse and were mixed in with more Cowboy for hamburgers last night.