LarryR

Stoker on KK Help

Thought I'd Read . . .

I thought I'd read you need to install a "tube" from BBQ Guru. Will the Stoker adapter "plug" directly into the KK using the standard adapter from Rocks?

I have the part you reference in your link, it's the part on the left hand side of my picture, just doesn't have the fan connected in the picture.

Hi Larry:

You are showing the part that is the issue - it just has to be the right size depending on what KK you have, and you buy it from Rock's. If your KK came with a factory installed ATC port, you need the "new" faceplate adapter, a/k/a guru sized faceplate adapter. The only difference between the new and old faceplates is that the new one is slightly smaller in diameter than the old one, and it fits perfectly in the factory installed port which was designed in size for a Guru. I know this because I happen to have both faceplates. All you need to do is screw it on your fan.

Susan

I used to use a balled up bit of aluminum foil as a plug. You can also just use the blower itself - Stoker blowers have a flap that prevents a lot of airflow when the blower is off. I now use a large silicone stopper, but there's a custom one from BBQ Guru that will fit the newer models if you've got the Guru-sized adapter.