Greg_R

Performance in extreme conditions

I got my grill Wednesday :D and _had_ to cook something! It was raining, 40 mph winds and ~45 degrees (F) outside. I fired up the burner (the hardest part in the wind!) and had it light the charcoal. The KK held the temp within 5 degrees of my target temp the entire time. I would never even consider firing up my old grill in these conditions. I'm super-excited to try a LONG cook now! I've also got a Rock Stoker... this is a great piece of equipment as well.

BTW, I spent a good bit of time at the local BBQ place where we converted my burner to natural gas. After slowly enlarging the pilot hole and trying it each time we determined that "49" is the optimal size for the burner's pilot hole. "50" resulted in a _small_ bit of occasional yellow flame. Any BBQ store should have the bits with these sizes to open up the pilot hole. This is done by hand, NOT a drill (there is very thin brass around the pilot hole)!