Fish Taco

Big Boy Toy...now in the yard!

Got a 6# pork butt but it's after 9pm. So, I guess I'll dust it up tonight and put it on tomorrow...a long slow burn, hopefully...& we'll be pulling some pork Friday night.

By the way, I was too chicken to remove the top piece but I have read where others do it to make the KK easier to move. I saw where there was a kotter pin type of device that the top rotates on but the spring had tension on it in both the up and down position.

Bob

Re: Big Boy Toy...now in the yard!

Got a 6# pork butt but it's after 9pm. So, I guess I'll dust it up tonight and put it on tomorrow...a long slow burn, hopefully...& we'll be pulling some pork Friday night.

By the way, I was too chicken to remove the top piece but I have read where others do it to make the KK easier to move. I saw where there was a kotter pin type of device that the top rotates on but the spring had tension on it in both the up and down position.

Bob

Taco Bob,

Next time, release the spring tension with the included wrench, remove the pin and lift off the lid. Your back will thank you.

There is a thread with some pictures 'round here somewhere.

Now get out the camera and take some shots, 'cause if'n there are no pictures...........it didn't happen. 8)