PARESH65

Success at last !!

Thanks to Dennis & Fetzervalve, I finally got the KK to maintain a steady constant temp for 11hrs. Per their suggestion,I stacked the coal carefully, lit it with a few hot coals from the chimney starter as per drunk_j's suggestion, adjusted the dampers and let the KK do what it's best at. I really smoked & slow cooked some baby back ribs and they turned out lip smakin good. I want to sincerely thank all of you for your help on my newbie post. Seems like there is a wonderful family here and am honored to be a part of it. The ex took the digital camera to the boy's lacrosse game today so no pics of the cook :cry: But I did post a pic of my KK I took yesterday. Thank you all again for all the help. Good night all.

Paresh65.jpg

Re: Success at last !!

Niiice setting for the KK!

Good to hear your cooks are on track-- and without a guru no less! I havn't mastered the low and slow without a guru. (Porkchop may chime in and give you special kudos for KK cooking sans guru!) I'm a newbie too and concur that the folks here on the board are a great help! They have a lot of invaluable insight and guidance!