Maybe this belongs as a marinade recipe, but I don't bother measuring ingredients so perhaps it's better as a technique :)

Inspired by a tasty porcini-rubbed delmonico at a recent outing to The Capital Grille I decided to try a balsamic marinade - it turned out pretty favorable. I took a frozen sirloin steak, covered liberally with balsamic (the cheap Progresso stuff, not my nice 12-year-old bottle :)), add a little extra salt for fun and then cover with water. Marinade about 24 hours in the fridge and it gave me a very tender steak with a hint of balsamic that wasn't too overwhelming. If you're fond of vinegar don't be afraid to try it as a marinade, the acids help tenderize the meat and the flavor is light enough not to disguise the flavor of the meat. A strong balsamic holds up well against the beef flavor, a good red wine vinegar may also work but a white or apple vinegar may just add a sour flavor.

I would guess at roughly:

1/4 cup balsamic

Dash of salt

~2 cups water

Marinade refrigerated 24 hours.

Serve steak with ketchup on the side. :roll: