paul1927

Male Q, Female Q, and Baby Q ----- One Big Happy Family :)

Another poster mentioned that he thought the new Q design is appealing to women. I had the same feeling while with the original Q it seemed masculine. No, not a he-man, but masculine nonetheless.

It is probably crazy, but sometimes crazy works. I think a tall (men like to build skyscrapers) masculine Q in addition to the current feminine Q would be very nice especially if a little Q is on the way. I'm thinking of the beautiful symbol of ying and yang and I guess there is some type of symbol for little Q. So let's have a :3some:

BTW, I did more searching on those color changing tiles and did have a heart attack. One site the quote for a few tiles would equal the price of a supreme OTB Q!

I'm waiting for a Baby model...

Something I fire up quickly for just doing a couple of steaks and such but big enough that I can do a small pork butt or several 1/2 racks of ribs.

Also small/light enough to throw in the van for camping.

Same featureset (guru port and such... but maybe coleman fuel for the gas option)

Re: I'm waiting for a Baby model...

Something I fire up quickly for just doing a couple of steaks and such but big enough that I can do a small pork butt or several 1/2 racks of ribs.

Also small/light enough to throw in the van for camping.

Same featureset (guru port and such... but maybe coleman fuel for the gas option)

You don't ask much, Leejp! Just EVERYTHING, in a smaller package. :wink: Good for you. :)

I was thinking real baby. Two, half-pound burger capacity max, perhaps closer a single, half-pounder burger maximum capacity. And, I want it HEAVY. Maybe this is more a infant than a baby. :)

I just can't see a light Q. Just the tiles alone start to add weight.

The Big Green Egg Mini is 30lbs (9-1/2" grill) and the small is 65lbs (13" grill). Somewhere in between should do and the texture finish should be fine.

I would think that this would be THE ideal cooker for searing. It would take absolutely no time to get something this small puffing along at 700*F

I wasn't too impressed with what I saw of the Big Green; that is compared to Dennis' Q. He really spoiled me. At the time I ordered I was hoping to at least get the quality of a Big Green--now I'd be very upset if that is what I receive. Customer service was just as much of a surprise with Dennis--yes, the replacement parts--expensive for Dennis to replace, btw-- took a long time to arrive, but he told me upfront what the problem was and how he was going to solve it. He was good to his word and I wasn't expecting that.

A VERY HAPPY CAMPER! :)