your favorite chicken rub

2 gallons of cold water

1.5 cup kosher salt

1 cup sugar

garlic powder

cumin powder

black pepper

Preparation Instructions:

-Take a cooling-box and mix in it together the water with salt, sugar and add as much garlic, cumin and black pepper as you like

-Put the chickens into the brine and let the chickens soak in the brine for 8 hours (at a cool place or add some ice to the brine)

-Start the grill for indirect with 350 degrees Fahrenheit with main and upper grill

-Take the chickens out of the brine, wash them with cold water for 20 seconds each and dry them with household paper

-Rub 2-3 teaspoons of rub onto the skin of each chicken

-Place for chickens on the main grill and 4 on the upper grill

-After 15 minutes turn all the chickens

-After another 15 minutes move the chickens from the main grill onto the upper grill and vice versa.

-After another 15 minutes turn all the chickens again

-Check temperature and take them at 175 degrees Fahrenheit

Enjoy!

Interesting to compare the way chickens are dressed there. Here' date=' we don't get them with the neck still on. The neck is usually tucked inside with the giblets, liver, heart, to simmer for stock (or throw out).[/quote']

In Switzerland you always get them like this. Somethimes the giblets are also still in the inside. I once forgot to take them out and had the chicken with the giblets on the grill :-)

Do the giblets come wrapped in paper, the way they do here, TLinder?

Wow, a goose! How did you fix the goose? Is there a proper procedure, or does everyone do it differently?

Never had goose... Several chased my cousin once, though, when he was little.

The giblets are wrapped in plastic-bags here.

We got the goose from an organic farmer close from our place. We stuffed it with chestnuts, onions, apples and some tarragon and had it then in the oven first 60 minutes on the belly in saltwater while perforating the skin everywhere to get rid of the huge amounts of fat and then roast it on the back for another 90 minutes till it reaches 185 degrees Fahrenheit. It was superdelicious!

We call it "Weihnachtsgans". It's a very traditional Christmas Dish. The tradition goes back to the English Queen Elisabeth I in 1588.

The whole goose thing was actually a late revenge for the goose that hunted me once when I was a little boy :-)