LarryR

Worchestershire Compound Butter

Did this again for a filet I had, just cannot get enough of it. Great on Steaks. I'm huge fan of Worcestershire sauce, so much in-fact that I doubled the Worcestershire syrup portion of this recipe. Your taste may vary.

Here's the recipe with a couple of slight changes on my part:

1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon sugar

1/2 tablespoon chives chopped (not in original recipe)

1/2 tablespoon thyme chopped (not in original recipe)

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature

Combine Worcestershire sauce and sugar in small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook at a bare simmer for about 10 minutes, or until mixture is syrupy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

Place butter, chives and thyme in bowl of a food processor fitted with metal blade. Add 2 tablespoons of cooled Worcestershire syrup and process until well-blended.

Place large piece of plastic wrap on counter top. Using rubber spatula, scrape butter mixture into center of plastic wrap. Wrap plastic up and over butter to enclose it. Roll butter into cylinder, twisting ends together to seal. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to firm up before cutting into slices. The butter may also be wrapped in freezer wrap, labeled and frozen for up to 3 months, I actually vac seal it and have stored it up to 6 months.

If you try it let me know what you think.

Original Recipe Credit - The Union Tribune/SignOnSanDiego.com - http://wine.signonsandiego.com/pages/st ... toryID=130

th_chimneyII003.jpg

th_chimneyII012.jpg