Hitman

Pork tenderloin (or chops) with Peaches and Bourbon Sauce

I have made this recipe many times, and it's always a show stopper. I "kicked it up a notch" with a little extra hot sauce, but just enough to add a little tang. You can make it with fresh peaches (now's the time!) or canned, or even a little of both.

1/3 cup bourbon

1/4 cup wildflower honey

3 tablespoons soy sauce (I prefer to use Dale's sauce instead)

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon hot sauce (I prefer Tiger Sauce, or "Georgia Peach" if I can find it)

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/4 teaspoon white pepper

2 pork tenderloins, about 1 pound each

4 fresh peaches, peeled and quartered

wood chips of your choice (apple works best for me), soaked in water with a little bourbon

Stir together the liquid ingredients, then add the ginger and pepper. Place the tenderloins in a shallow glass dish, add the peaches, pour in the sauce to coat thoroughly. Cover the dish with shrink wrap, refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat your grill to medium, add the wood chips. Place the peaches on a sheet of aluminum foil, then place the foil and the tenderloins on the grill, off the heat. Cook at a lower temperature (air cut back) until the smoke has subsided. Then open the air to raise the temp, finish the tenderloins over direct heat. I usually pull them off the grill at 140 degrees internal temp, but I like them pink in the middle. After you remove the meat, place the foil with the peaches over the direct heat, until the peach juices boil and just start to caramelize.

Meanwhile place the remaining marinade into a pan. If you are using canned peaches, you can add a little of the peach nectar. Boil the marinade for a few minutes until it is thickened enough to coat a spoon. Cool in the freezer for a few minutes to further thicken, and get closer to room temp.

Slice the pork into medallions, serve with the sauce and peaches. WOW!

P.S. Here's a link to a review of the "Georgia Peach" hot sauce.

http://www.hotsauceblog.com/hotsaucearc ... hot-sauce/