Tigeranteater

Cover for my KK?

Re: Cover for my KK?

Fcnich,

Thank you for the info, I just sent an email. My new KK is beautiful...to beautiful to get wet. Pictures will come Saturday....when I get home it is too late to take pictures. So far I only have TWO cooks on it. I must say it cooks QUITE diffeently that my former RJ piece of junk. Translated...the KK is so much better insulated that there is a slight learning curve....translated further...my new KK is so well built. I marvel at what Dennis has done to the Kamado.

Your welcome, yes there is a bit of a learning curve to the kk but i see you have some expierence so the transition will be easy. The first mistake i made was not putting enough charcoal in the basket, i now fill it, always have some left for the next cook, jut add some more. I see your from Chattanooga, i have relatives in the Nashville area. If you can find some get some of Dennis's coco charcoal, its great!

I got 15 boxes of the coco when I ordered the KK. You are right, there is a learning curve as it cooks differently that the RJ piece of junk. I do have a little experience with a Kamado. My first was a clay Imperial Kamado. No one told me in those days if you fire it up to sear steaks, it will eventually turn into a pile of dust...which it did all at once. Then I got an RJ number five. The top went bad in a week and it took three months for them to send me a new one even after sending pictures. I then got an RJ number one which I still have. The RJ number 5 was cracking at the joint so I gave it to a neighbor and found Dennis.....and all my problems went away. Dennis is a stand up guy....my Kamado is WAY OVERBUILT and will survive the ensuing Mayan end of days...in short I know I am preaching to the choir but my KK is probably the best purchase I have ever made. By the way I still have not gotten an email back from the cover guy.....