gofit

Just ordered new KK

Re: Just ordered new KK

I might try another one. If I recall, Loquitr had one that went belly up like mine did, and maybe Slu? If yours works well, it kind of supports the notion that their QC is spotty. On mine, the front clear cover over the display popped off, the digital display numerals went dark on the top half, and the temp probes went off by nearly 100 degrees! Yes I had good fresh batteries.

Good memory, Doc. Both my ET-732 temp probes starting reading 100 deg off after the 3rd or 4th use. I did some

research online and found it was a common problem identified as the probes "shorting out" and that Maverick's position was that it was user error from the probes becoming wet or exposed to too high a heat. Most of the owners with the problem including myself were quite sure we didn't get them wet or expose them to high heat. I didn't bother replacing them.

I threw mine in the trash and never even bothered to try to get satisfaction from the seller.

Now, get this...

I just bought another one. But if this one goes belly up, I will ask for a refund.

My probes never got wet nor were exposed to excessive fire.

I'm waiting on your report after a few months. I would really like it for cooks where I'm not bothering with hooking up my Stoker. I thought the range was very good - much better than the earlier models. If the probes are now more reliable, I'll sign up for a second one too. I since bought the Oregon Scientific single probe model but its still in the unopened package. Now that outdoor cooking season is getting into full swing, I'll break it out soon.

Yeah, I go on and on about the Oregon Scientific here. But that's because it works; it's a go to product. The single probe means you need one for each thing you are measuring, so you could wind up buying several. My Stoker finally crapped out so I will send it back and see what John will do, maybe upgrade to the new wireless.

Hey Gofit, I just got home with a trunk full of boneless stuffed chickens from Herbert's and a nice 3 bone prime rib from Natural Farms - both in Tulsa. I have the Maverick Dual Probe remote thermometer and it works well for me, except for the remote part - my KK sits on the deck about 12 ft from the glass door, I can set the remote on the table inside the door so the distance is about 15 ft and the remote will lose connection. I will have to take it outside and reinitialize the communication to get it to work, I have found if I leave it outside by the sending unit that it will stay connected and I can hear it easily enough in the house when the alarm sounds - I am usually aware of when it is getting close so I stay out of the basement. I have been contemplating the Guru, but the KK keeps the heat so well I have not been able to justify the purchase. I have recently built a device to use for sous vide cooking that I intend to try to attach a guru fan to and see how it works, my device controls a standard 110V outlet that I can plug a heating element, crock pot, or even an AC/DC adapter to run a fan in to.

Wow cpwebb - your aren't getting very much range. The range on mine was really good. I have a big rambling house - actually two houses combined into one and one of them is two stories. Before my probes shorted out, I got the signal everywhere except I'm not sure about the basement - I never tried it there.

Doc - huge bummer about your Stoker.

Congrats! Awaiting the arrival of my new KK also. The excitement is almost uncontainable. Please post pics can't wait to see the Vibrant Blue Pebble.

Looks like you got into an inactive, that is, older thread from back in April. It happens. Welcome to the forum and to the KK family. I remember my own excitement two years ago. I received my Mable on July 14, 2010. She is Vibrant Blue in the regular tile shape. You will love your cooker! We are here to assist in your first steps. :)

Welcome to the forum! You will be pleased with your purchase for sure. Please let us know how the first cook goes and some pictures are good too. Please ask away on here if you have questions, like my boss told me once, there is no such thing as dumb questions, just unresolved issues! Also please join the KK facebook page too, it will help Dennis with sales!!!

Enjoy!

Cater