LarryR

Standing Rib Roast Cook VIDEO

Per a previous thread/post I've shot two videos so far. First let me say these are very amateur and raw. I edited them using a $4.99 app so the production quality is what it is. Not meant for commercial use, just to post on YouTube so people can see how great these grills are and a cook in action.

You can fast forward through the lighting, it's quite long, I tried to edit part of it out but I lost my audio so I reverted back to the original copy.

Lastly, if you're going to do one of these please WASH YOUR KK. Mine is so dirty in the opening of this video. Hope you enjoy . . .

STANDING RIB COOK PART 1

STANDING RIB COOK PART 2

Re: Standing Rib Roast Cook VIDEO

mk1 - LOL, I wouldn't judge the products merits based on my second use of it. I'm getting the hang of the Looftlighter; I had sparks in about 60 seconds and had my coals where I wanted them at 1:40 on my 3rd cook.

Susan, thanks I appreciate the feedback. I've been wanting to do these for some time. You type in Green Egg on YouTube and it returns hundreds of results, time to get our KK's represented out there. I'm learning with each video e.g. plate the roast slices next time vs. leaving them bleeding all over the cutting board, slow down on the beers towards the end of the cook, wash my KK, get better editing software. But, what I like about them is they're raw, they're just a fat guy in his backyard cooking great food on KK. I'll leave the professional quality videos to Dennis ;).

Not sure what my next cook is going to be. I'm leaning steaks or pizzas, not sure yet though . . .

Tony, got steaks for a cook tonight. Going to try and record it, however, cocktail hour will be coming early this afternoon so quality may be suspect. We'll see. I bought two marinaded NY's and a choice boneless rib eye that I'm going to break down using kosher salt. I'll film the entire process for those who haven't salted before.

KAD, thanks for the comments, you'll get no argument from me on how dirty the old girl was. Doesn't even seem like the same cooker after I cleaned her up.

Thanks - in final stages of making a purchase and it is great to see such a detailed video of how to light and use. appreciate your efforts. Look forward to the steak video.

We prefer a sear on the outside of our roasts - especially on beef. Any reason why not to sear at all? From my reading of the forum would it be possible to pull the meat a little early, crank up the temp and sear all sides?

cheers

Andrew

We prefer a sear on the outside of our roasts - especially on beef. Any reason why not to sear at all? From my reading of the forum would it be possible to pull the meat a little early' date=' crank up the temp and sear all sides?Andrew[/quote']

I've gotten away from searing my rib roasts over that past couple of years. However, many do what you mention, pull early, crank-up the KK and throw her back on for a reverse sear. I've used this method and it orks great.

Damn my head is hurting, only one issue with the video. I'm editing now and hope to have up in the next couple of hours.