Parrothead72

Pig Candy

Have made his twice and think I am close to making something quite decadent. Pig candy.

1) store bought bacon, nothing fancy, Oscar Meyer or whatever, regular cut not thick cut

2) in a Pyrex square pan, Kay out the bacon in ling strips and drizzle with maple syrup and hand rub (ingredients below) with a good dusting

3) repeat by layering it a few times like you were making a bacon lasagna (I used two packs of Oscar Meyer)

4) I let the Pyrex sit at room temp for the flavors to absorb maybe 4 hours or so - no magic there

5) heat soaked the KK at 225 dome and some ECC with apple wood

6) put the bacon on 4 Bradley racks I bought on Amazon and transported them to the KK where I laid them on the main grill and staked them

7) after 90 minutes I rearranged the racks so the one on the main grill became the one on the top of the pile

8) another 90 minutes or so and bam!

9) took the Bradley racks off, tented the stack of them in tin foil and let them cool and harden a bit

10) simply to die for - Bacon candy!

post-1326-141917920592_thumb.jpg

As for the rub, I used brown sugar, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Can forward if anyone cares for the measurements.

• Like 1

Parrot - now that's what we're talking about! I don't care where you're from, that pig candy is some kind of tasty looking! Thanks Parrot!

I'd love to see the recipe you've created. Do you think the bacon needs more salt? I'm not trying to find fault in any way, but more salt on bacon?

Thanks in advance for the recipe post!

Merry Xmas to you and all my fellow KKers!