Flyboy

Just Ordered the EZQ 6"

Probably a pretty small one, I'm afraid. I've got a 12 pounder in the fridge now and I doubt it'll be able to fit. When last I talked to the EZ-Que people (early this year) they said it should be available around now - I'd call to find out when the 8" model will be available. If not, you can try to get one from Viking. I think this one would do:

http://www.universal-akb.com/8vikbas30gri.html

OK..thanks for the info on the Viking..However, I'm wondering what size Turkey you can get in the 8" basket? In my K days, I used the "meat hanger" accessory to hang birds up to 25Lbs...Somehow I don't see a bird that size getting in the 8" EZQ/VIking baskets...What's the largest Turkey you've heard of someone doing on the KK with the 8" basket?

EZ-Que

8" basket will hold up to 14#. The 6" will hold a breast only that has bone in.

If you ordered the 110V/Battery motor it runs clockwise so you have to really tighten the rods that go into the basket (counter clockwise) or it will dump your chicken or turkey. EZ-Que has a 50# capacity motor that runs counter clockwise which has a # 302 on it; I have both the battery & the 302 50# model and dumped a bird or two because I did not have the rods very tight as well as the screws on the hold downs using the Battery powered motor.