rbv

Restaurant Suggestions?

Well, one place for sure while you are in Charleston, SC is Hyman's Seafood. It is on Meeting Street just up from the market. If you are gonna be in the area for a few days and want some BBQ too, there is a Sticky Fingers restaurant (chain, but good - get the ribs) a couple doors down from Hyman's. Across the street Stickys is a southern food place called Justine's which serves up the best fried pork chop and green's I have ever had a restaurant (hope it is still there, been a while). Plenty of good eats and places to stay in the market area. Though the most relaxing place to stay is Middleton Place Gardens.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

We'll be heading to Asheville' date=' NC and then on to Charleston, SC at the end of the month for a weeklong vacation. I'd love to hear any suggestions for good places to eat in either city. Thanks for your recommendations.[/quote']

I wouldn't go to any chains when in Charleston...simply because you can visit them pretty much anytime anywhere.

For some good ole lowcountry type foods try a place called Magnolias and one called Poogen's Porch (spelling).

There are plenty...just walk around Charleston and pic one simply because you like the way it looks and you prolly won't be sorry.

We used go to Edisto Island every year and we'd ride over to Charleston a few times for dinner...fantastic place.

Re: Restaurant Suggestions?

I wouldn't go to any chains when in Charleston...

I only said if you wanted BBQ, simply because I knew of no other ones in the area. But you are right, there are way too many other good restaurants there. But I still eat at Sticky's too on occasion. We have one here in Augusta now, so I do not have to eat at the one there anymore.

-=Jasen=-