howieb

Chipotle mustard sauce for pulled pork

This was inspired by the North Carolina "gold" sauce I've had at a local barbecue joint in MA called Blue Ribbon Barbecue (but I haven't been there in a long time because I make my own now ;-) ) I have no idea how it compares to their sauce, but it incorporates the spicy and sweet components I remember.

I use the Chipotle Mustard from here: (I can't post the link because I'm new, but a search for Silver Spring Mustard will find it) I buy it by the case since we use so much of it. I haven't found it for less at retail.

1 container of mustard

Same amount of white vinegar (use the mustard container to get the rest of the yummy mustard and measure), sometimes more

About 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce, I think

1 tsp or more Tabasco to taste

As much as 1 mustard container of maple syrup (I usually add this at the end to taste and consistency, and actually never use the container to measure)

Makes between 3 cups and a quart, depending on how much vinegar and maple syrup you use.

My family really loves this sauce. The mustard containers are clear and good quality, so I usually save them to use as dispensers as well. Sorry for the loose measurements, but I never measure.