jdbower

Peanut Brittle Bacon Cookies

I found this one here. I don't know if my wife is going to let me try these but it's got peanut butter, peanut brittle and bacon, how bad can it be?

1 cup (2 sticks) butter

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

½ cup smooth peanut butter

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup peanut brittle, cracked into ½-inch pieces

1½ cups bacon, crisply cooked and cut into ½-inch pieces

Heat oven/KK to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add peanut butter and mix until incorporated.

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients 1 cup at a time to the butter mixture, scraping the bowl as needed. Stir in peanut brittle and bacon.

Roll dough into ½-inch balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand to about 1 inch in diameter. Bake about 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to lightly brown. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to one week.

Makes about five to six dozen cookies.

Nutrition values per cookie: 90 calories, 5 g fat (2.5 g saturated), 10 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 2 g protein, 15 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium.