Zorro

Suggestion for forum layout

I noticed that some of the pages on the forum can be sorted by date. It would be nice if all of them could be sorted by date. There are probably several other ways to sort the postings that would be useful as well. Not being handy with web site management means I don't know how dificult it would be.

Zorro :roll:

Re: Suggestion for forum layout

I noticed that some of the pages on the forum can be sorted by date. It would be nice if all of them could be sorted by date. There are probably several other ways to sort the postings that would be useful as well. Not being handy with web site management means I don't know how dificult it would be.

Zorro :roll:

Unfortunately, that is just the way the forum software is designed.....it is freeware... :dontknow: . However, new threads are always placed at the top and when in post view, newest posts are placed at the top. Post view is also the only time your allowed to sort. You could always use the search feature if you like more options.

-=Jasen=-

Re: Also...

Cleaning up a lot of the dated posts might make it easier to navigate.

Then again, Dennis does such a great job with his cookers I can live with a cluttered website with no problem.

I agree that the old announcements and stickies should probably have their status changed (to regular posts) if they no longer apply. But people tend to get a little peeved :shotgun: when you start cleaning up their posts. Not to mention it is great to be able to research an old question or reference an old thread to someone new to the forum.

One thing that would greatly help the navigation of the forum is proper placement of threads. The Komodo general section has more than double the threads of any other section. Threads get lost in this section faster than anywhere else. When they are spread out into the categories, it makes them easier to find later. An extra second or two selecting the proper category now makes finding it in the future much easier.

:soap:

-=Jasen=-

Zorro, assuming you want sort so recent posts display on top.

Have you tried using the "View Unread Posts" link?

My first time using that feature brought up more posts than imaginable; more than I could possibly read through, so I read some and got out. Second time resulted the same results; so I forgot about ever using it again. Then struggled from then on to find "new, unread" posts; until one day I tried "View Unread Posts" agan, this time I noticed an active title named "Mark all forums as Read". I clicked that option (of course cleared every unread post); but from then on, clicking "View unread Posts" displays only those posts since my last visit. Works great.

Zorro, assuming you want sort so recent posts display on top.

Have you tried using the "View Unread Posts" link?

My first time using that feature brought up more posts than imaginable; more than I could possibly read through, so I read some and got out. Second time resulted the same results; so I forgot about ever using it again. Then struggled from then on to find "new, unread" posts; until one day I tried "View Unread Posts" agan, this time I noticed an active title named "Mark all forums as Read". I clicked that option (of course cleared every unread post); but from then on, clicking "View unread Posts" displays only those posts since my last visit. Works great.

Good Point JB, that is how I always check for new posts too. I tend to forget not everyone notices that link in the right corner. And we placed that link on every forum layout page to make things easier a good while back.

-=Jasen=-