bobvoeh

Still trying to perfect the Roti Chicken

I liked the idea of using the Weber Charcoal Holders, but decided to Ghetto it. Just took a brick and double wrapped it in tin foil and placed it on the bottom of the fire grate. I then placed a small foil bread pan on top of it and surrounded it with Royal Oak.

gx13b3Bi.jpg

I let the grill get up to about 450 at the dome and put the chicken on the grill. Same Mojo Marinade as before, just trying to perfect the cooking now. I didn't put anything under the skin this time, however next time I may put the garlic back in. This came out real good, but I love garlic !!!

gx13bl3i.jpg

Yea, now thats what I'm talking about !!! I think I finally got it the way I want. Nice carmelization on the skin without any drying out of the meat.

gx13bA19.jpg

I still had somewhat of a fire going, so I dumped the last of the bag on the fire and got to work on some taters. Rubbed them down with butter and then dusted them with Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Seasoning.

gx13c5s0.jpg

Put them on the grill at around 425 dome and let them cook till fork tender.

PqpD72r.jpg

Well I have to say, this is the first charcoal grill I've ever owned and I'm loving it. My family is really digging in to what ever I pull off of it for dinner. I haven't even had any complaints of cooking with charcoal as this was a very big point of contention with my better half. Now she is already selling off my services for the 4th of July "Maybe you can bbq something to take over to my brothers house" I think is how it went !!! :) So Pork Butt will be smoking in 2 weeks for some sammies !!!!!!

Re: Still trying to perfect the Roti Chicken

Now she is already selling off my services for the 4th of July "Maybe you can bbq something to take over to my brothers house" I think is how it went !!! :)

Yup, you're golden. It's now an accepted member of the family. :happy8: