paul1927

Complaining about Dennis! :)

I was having a nice chat with a friend last night who a couple years ago bought a Q from Dennis (the friend is very happy with the purchase). The complaint centered around attempting to find a local retailer that sells the grill and that regardless of the store or number of grills offered there weren't any beautiful tiled ones. The friend wanted to know what is his problem?

I explained that I didn't think there were any local retailers. Then the friend wanted to get into the selling Dennis' Qs: Not going to happen even if the opportunity was there because the friend has too much work already.

The friend's idea, btw, was to sell the Q to upscale homebuilders because the grills that are currently being sold with the homes aren't nearly as nice as Dennis' Q even when they cost more. I had tried to get a tiny builder that I know interested, but even on a very expensive home he was cutting corners big time and often the savings didn't seem comparable to the loss of quality. A home he built was selling for close to a half million dollars and real wood for the kitchen is too expensive? Could be; I've lost track of prices.

Dennis, my Q despite all the use appears to be in perfect condition. :)

Whilst taking a boat ride at Hilton Head, I was able to see that one of the 10 million dollar homes had a #9 POSK on its rear deck facing the sound. As far as I could see, it still had most of its tiles attached, at least on the side facing the water. So, there is definitely a market in the high end home market! Just imagine if they had a good cooker! However, do builders often include charcoal cookers? I'd think that most builders would include the safer choice of (choke) gas.