Fetzervalve

ECC first use & question

I used my new KKECC for the first time over the weekend on a rib cook. It worked great, it took a long time to get up to temp, even with the Guru blasting away on it. Next time I will either light more or make sure to start earlier.

The ribs had the best smoke flavor yet. Is it possible that the neutrality of the KKECC actually allows for the better infusion (less obstruction) of the smoke wood? :smt102 I did nothing significantly different than before (other than the charcoal)

not sure about better infusion' date=' but probably more concentrated, or at least less muddled with other combustion flavors.[/quote']Yeah, that's what I meant.:oops:

So how much did you light' date=' and how long to cooking temp? How well did it snuff out when you were done?[/quote']I lit the top of about 5 or so with the Guru Golf Club. After about 30 - 45 mins with virtually no temp movement ( I could see a glow so it hadn't gone out) I put about 6 or 7 more in a Weber chimney and burned a few sheets of paper and dumped 'em in. I opened the top about a half inch and let the Guru blast for a while longer. The temp started to rise and all was well.