dms

Stoker for built-in inducer

I have one of the latest KK (pictures will be forthcoming :) -- along with the built-in inducer port. So I'm looking at picking up a Stoker, mostly due to the telnet capabilities to get to the data and controlling the stoker.

Has anyone put a Stoker onto the built-in port? Any adapter needed? Any pointers on what I need to buy so that these fit together?

thanks!

I was waiting for this problem to pop up. The factory installed Guru port is probably smaller in diameter than the old factory port. I say this because my Stoker fan plugs straight into the original KK factory port, but my Guru fan plugs into a smaller diameter reducer sleeve that slides into that port. As such, the Stoker adapter meant for the KK won't fit a Guru port. You would have to ask John at Rock's to make an adapter to fit. Rock's would now need to make two different KK adapters. They may or may not choose to do so. One to fit the original size KK port and one to fit the Guru specific size port. When ordering KK's, customers should ask for the old original port if they don't know whether they will get a Guru or a Stoker. They should ask for the Guru port if they know for a fact they will use a Guru.

Caliper results

OK, the KK standard factory port is 1-3/8 inches. The Stoker fan nipple is 1-5/16 and slips right in. The 1/16" slack is taken up by little spring tabs. The Guru inducer tube is 1-3/8" in outside diameter, slips right into the KK standard factory port, although the port opening might need a touch from a file, mine did. The Guru inducer tube inside diameter is 1-3/16", and the Guru fan nipple is 1-3/16" in diameter and slips right into the inducer tube. So a Stoker fan, as supplied for the KK, will NOT fit into the Guru inducer tube. If Dennis is making the built in Guru inducer tube 1-3/16", the Stoker fan won't fit. You would need an adapter, a reducer. The 1-5/16 Stoker fan would plug into one end and the other end would have to be 1-3/16 to fit into the factory built in Guru inducer tube. Or Rock's could make a Stoker with a 1-3/16" nipple specifically for this application. At any rate, if you have a Stoker and a KK with the new, factory installed Guru inducer tube, you are SOL.

Like I said, I haven't yet knocked the inducer tube clear. From the outside, the metal tube has a diameter of 1 3/8". I don't know if the cylinder is uniform all the way through the body.

It appears that the 1 3/8" round port adapter from Rock's will work. I'll have to pick one up.

Another question: once people knock out the plug, what do you block it with when you aren't using the blower?

Another question: once people knock out the plug' date=' what do you block it with when you aren't using the blower?[/quote']

You've got some choices. Cheapest and easiest is just a wad of aluminum foil, but it's not pretty looking. Someplace like Home Depot also probably has something that will fit. I ended up buying a huge number of silicone stoppers thanks to minimum order requirements, for a flat $5 shipping and $1 each I can send you a stopper for the guru port or a group of 5 small brown stoppers for the temperature probe port. Feel free to email or PM me if you're interested.

thanks jdbower - I'll probably end up taking you up on this. But first I need to figure out exactly what is on this KK. The tube is the same size as the "old" port, yet my understanding is that I have one of the newfangled built-in guru inducers... I think I need Dennis on this one...