Loquitur

How to Search this Forum

Hi!

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong when searching this forum. I go to the search page, type in my parameters and get a list of posts or topics containing my subject matter. But then after I select one of the posts or topics, I can't get back to the list. I use the back button and get a "web page has expired" message and have to go back to the search page and start all over typing in my search parameters again. :sad11: I thought maybe I should use the "previous post/next post" feature instead of the back button but that doesn't appear to bring me to the next post or topic in the list either. So whaddaya think? :smt017

Susan

This behavior depends a great deal on the Internet browser you are using. I use Safari and I don't get this behavior. The back button works fine for me. I assume you are using Internet Explorer in which case you should take this opportunity to change browsers to something like Firefox or Safari :-)

When you see the "page expired" message, just press F5, followed by the enter key and it will refresh the search results you were looking at.

F5 is the refresh command, the enter afterwards is to clear the confirmation dialog.

Thanks, Firemonkey - that trick works perfectly!!! :D:D:D

This behavior depends a great deal on the Internet browser you are using. I use Safari and I don't get this behavior. The back button works fine for me. I assume you are using Internet Explorer in which case you should take this opportunity to change browsers to something like Firefox or Safari :-)

I am using Internet Explorer, JeffB. I know its not the best but I'm hesitant to change because I can usually work with it in a tolerable fashion. I also know the computer savvy crowd doesn't use it. Thanks for the info and I'll keep it in mind in case the opportunity presents itself.

Susan

I have tried Firefox and Opera but they don!t display everything on some websites and some forums in particular. I have talked to others that use them especially Firefox and certain things don!t display for them either on at least one forum. And I am told in that situation there is nothing you can do about it. So I went back to IE.