Hitman

Cruise Missile

Nice car! My forum handle comes from the personalized plate I had on my MY 2001 Z06. I loved that car but hated dealing with GM. I had one of the oil burners and it used 1qt every 500 miles. GM said that was "normal" :shock: They seemed to lower the service bulletin guidelines to meet their specs when they realized how big of a problem it was. They wouldn't fix it and I went WAY up the ladder and they essentially told me to pound salt. I got pissed off, sold the car and never bought another. Too bad because the new ones are really nice and some great deals can be had on the early models. I never had any problems with my 98 C5 though.....

If I had the money I'd buy a new Z06. Spectacular car and a great value. Trouble is with the northern climate you really can't use it that much. The salt and winters just destroy cars..

The oil consumption is a known problem with all the LSx engines, but can very easily be remedied with a catch can. Just takes a few minutes to hook it up.

I have never taken my Vette's to a dealer. I have my own mechanic, have a custom tune, with a few aftermarket goodies (LG Pro headers, CAI). A dealer would take one look, void my warranty immediately. Only warranty claim I ever made was for the roof delamination, not for any engine issues.

There are TONS of Z06's for sale right now at giveaway prices! Seems like just yesterday they were commanding a $10K premium over sticker. Those days are gone forever.

Apparently mine had an oil control ring issue. They were too loose and allowed blow by. I spent $76K on that car at the time (boy did I get ripped but that was Canadian dough which was 50% of the greenback at the time) and I'll be damned if I'm putting a quart of oil in it every two tanks of gas.

Your right though, many examples of used Z06's for ~$35K. Where you going to get a 195mph car for $35K???? If the economy shows a hint of stability I may bite the bullet again but I'm done buying new. Lose too much money.