jdbower

Cheesecake

Believe it or not, cheesecake does very well in the KK. I use KKEC and no added smoke, that's all that you'll probably need since it will really soak up whatever's in there. My latest attempt was directly after a pork loin smoke so there may have been a few volatiles left from the mesquite/Jack Daniels I used. The pork was at 220, but I boosted the temp up to 350 for the cheesecake. The trick to cheesecake is even temperatures so let it heat soak a bit at the new temps, cook it indirect, and then there's a little extra trick I use. Put a clean dishcloth into a roasting pan or, as I did, a skillet. Put the springform on the cloth and fill the pan with hot water about halfway up the side of the springform.

This was my second attempt, it was a bit smokier than the first (which was a standalone and didn't have the mesquite/JD remnants) but it's more of a lovely smell than a true flavor. It adds a hint of a spicy note to the cheesecake, you'd probably guess it was a dash of cinnamon. Very tasty and a big hit at Thanksgiving. This pic was actually from the first attempt, the foil is to get it off the springform a bit more easily.

dsc5277.th.jpg

Once again proving that if it can be done in an oven it can be done in a KK better! :D:lol: