vkl

Hello from the Bay Area, California

If you are thinking about a stoker you need to order it soon. They don't keep an inventory (I think they make them as ordered) and they have a backlog of orders. I have one but it took about three weeks to get it.

Have you seen the versaGrill ?? It gives you a shelf when you are using the rotisserie, seems like a useful item..

Tony

Looks like you have at least one of everything... I'm missing the cover but I do have both baskets for the E-Z Que and Grill floss. Since I don't have experience with ceramic cookers I ordered some Grill Grates, I read something on the forum that seems ti indicate that getting good grill marks on steaks was next to impossible and that the Grill Grates would resolve that issue. As I said "No experience" so I'm taking everything I read at face value.

I can't stand the wait much longer. If we don't hear something soon I will drive to southern Cal and drag mine home....

Noticed you got the tables, by the time I had everything arranged they were all gone.. Bummer..

Vince,

Not sure if you have been watching the current inventory or not but until yesterday some of the inventory was listed as "Ship due in LA week of April 15th"...

They now say available in Carson City CA so I take it that means the shipment has cleared customs and is in the warehouse... I know I know wild speculation on my part but what else is there. If my speculation is correct I expect we could see something next week.....

By the way did you make it over to Eggs by the bay ??

Tony

Tony,

Per Dennis's post he says he hopes the KK's ship out by UPS ground via friday. So I'm hoping we get our KK's by early next week. I'm so ready!!

I didn't make it over to eggs by the bay yet. I did make it to Lazzari's last week. Picked up 4 large bags of lump and a case of wood chunks.

3/8" SS rods have no problem making good grill marks...

Since I don't have experience with ceramic cookers I ordered some Grill Grates' date=' I read something on the forum that seems ti indicate that getting good grill marks on steaks was next to impossible and that the Grill Grates would resolve that issu.[/quote']

The person who posted that had an early entry level KK that did not have a lower or upper sear grill.. Trust me 3/8" SS rods set inches above raging charcoal has no problem making good grill marks...

As you can see here:

Baby Huey's Ribeye

PqqqjXS.jpg

FireMonkey's artistic hatching

img0414j.jpg