Paswesley

Kooker Arrival Update

My new Gen. II VB05 is en route! It is due to arrive at the Baltimore terminal late on the 12th. I am supposed to call the dispatcher on the 12th and set up delivery for Tuesday, the 13th! I know that my kooker is headed this way, with the next stop being Harrisburg, PA. I certainly would love to get it on the 13th. That would give me four or more practice cooks before I feed the crowd on the 17th.

I have a question about the heat deflector. Is it made of refractory material? Has anyone had a heat deflector to crack or split? Lastly, is there much difference between a kooker's heat deflector and a small pizza stone? Might a pizza stone (such as you can pick up at any of many sources) serve as a replacement heat deflector? I know that I am putting the cart before the horse, but I am chasing my tail as I await the arrival of my partner in gustatory delight. :smt026

a stainless tray/heat shield

I have a question about the heat deflector. Is it made of refractory material? Has anyone had a heat deflector to crack or split?

Yes the heat deflector is refractory and designed for high temps.. It comes with a stainless tray/heat shield that should be used if it is frozen, very cold to protect it from heat shock.. and slow down the heating process.

The Baking stone comes with one too..

Owner's manual received

Dennis is really a smart fellow. How best to ensure that new owners actually read the owner's manual? Provide it during that interval of anxious and eager waiting during which a guy is so desperate to get his kooker that he will do anything to ease his wait- including the unthinkable! :wink: