chezeddie

hello from marin county

Hey there, my boss just purchased 1 large & 1 smaller KK for me to test out (i'm a personal chef), as a gas grill guy for the past 10 years these babies are a bit daunting, gonna get a turkey breast going tommorrow, any suggestions for this and all other L&S cooking?

anyone else in northern california wanna open up their home for me to watch the process by an experienced KK'er firsthand?

ed-

Re: hello from marin county

Low and slow isn't applicable to everything. 300 to 350 is going to work better for turkeys and turkey parts. There is a huge wealth of info here, browse around the forums and threads. A lot! And welcome, by the way!!! You are going to hear two schools of thought on this, but I recommend you get a Guru or a Stoker for the most foolproof cooking, especially for your boss. His or her jaw is going to drop once you get your KK skills up to speed, the food is unrivaled. Do you cook for just the one client as personal chef?

Re: hello from marin county

I recommend you get a Guru or a Stoker for the most foolproof cooking' date=' especially for your boss. His or her jaw is going to drop once you get your KK skills up to speed, the food is unrivaled. [/quote']

I recommend that you get the "Stoker" Then you can cook at "sous vide temps and times" using lump w/smoke.

It's a small learning curve.

Welcome to the forum looking forward to some KK recipes. (no pic's = no cook)