bryan

Life is Good

The Turkey is on (26#), The dressing is resting, and the Giblets are ready for the gravy. Dishes, pots and pans back on the shelves.

Cakes and cookies are flooding the house with good baking smells.

Limoncello, Fruit Rumtopf and Eggnog Have been removed from the closet and set on the table.

All that remains are the sides on Christmas. (and setting out a sample dish for Santa to enjoy)

Life is Good

Re: Life is Good

Chrismas Eve we host my wife's family. We have a tenderloin smoking out back in the Bronze Behemoth. Marinated 24 hours in soy sauce, worcestershire, garlic and olive oil. A pear cake in the oven, homemade tiramisu, au grautin potatoes, roasted asparagus, pine nut sauteed spinach with Burgundy mushrooms. Chateau Haut Bailly 1996 and Chateau Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande 2000, for dinner. I'm tending the KK with a nice Russian River Chardonnay.

Merry Christmas and God's blessings to all!

Re: Life is Good

Indeed, life is good! That is because God is good, I do believe.

I am salivating at the thought of the goodies that you mention here. I am currently awaiting the arrival of my wife's family in an hour or so. Forty-two pounds of a 63 pound cook are ready to serve. The turkey has another hour or so to go. Part of the fun when my in-laws get together on Christmas Eve is the potluck nature of it. I provide the soul food, and they provide all sorts of delicious traditional Philippine cuisine. Masarap!