quedog

New Member - Soon To Be Owner

I confirmed my KK order this past week, now the waiting starts. I have been doing my que in a Weber kettle with a baffle installed to provide indirect heat for several years. I finally decided to make the jump to a kamado and after looking around decided there is really only one choice, the KK.

Re: New Member - Soon To Be Owner

Man this post brings back memories, get ready to spend several hours a day reading this forum, although I bet you have already spent countless hours here reading up on the KK and all the recipes that have been posted.

Mine showed up on the 13th of April, and I'm loving it.

I know it has been said before but you won't regret this purchase.

You are correct! There is only one choice. What color did you get?

Where are you located in Tenn?

Joe

Hi Joe,

I live in Chattanooga, in the Southeast corner of TN. My KK is dark terra blue. Johnnyboy is making a cover for me and I already have a BBQ Guru that I have been using with the old Weber. I will be READY when the new KK arrives.

Rob

Man this post brings back memories, get ready to spend several hours a day reading this forum, although I bet you have already spent countless hours here reading up on the KK and all the recipes that have been posted.

Mine showed up on the 13th of April, and I'm loving it.

I know it has been said before but you won't regret this purchase.

Yeah, I have been lurking in the forum for a couple of years, waiting for the time and money to be right. Based on what I have read in the forum and elsewhere I am comfortable that I will not regret the purchase.

I confirmed my KK order this past week' date=' now the waiting starts. I have been doing my que in a Weber kettle with a baffle installed to provide indirect heat for several years. I finally decided to make the jump to a kamado and after looking around decided there is really only one choice, the KK.[/quote']

Greetings from Texas Quedog! Did you get her yet? Mine is in the works within the next week or two and I am extremely psyched! Lay some of those nice Tennessee pride recipes on us bruh! How do you fix that BBQ pork is it like them boyz in the Carolinas? They like to do a few styles including the slaw version. But I think its mainly bbq sauce w/ a vinegar base... But I am pretty certain y'all do the dry rubbed version like memhpis right Quedog?

I think my KK will be delivered on Thursday. Just 2 days more to wait. I got a cover from Johnnyboy, it arrived yesterday and I must say I am impressed with the quality of his work. I'm in East Tennessee which is sort of a BBQ cross roads. There are a lot of different styles and influences from all over the place, but around here BBQ mainly means pork. We do have some places that cook briskett and I have cooked a few myself. Just like in North Carolina, a BBQ sandwich is pulled pork and it usually has slaw on it. Wet ribs are probably more common here than dry but a lot of places serve them both ways. I usually cook them dry, but sometimes I like to finish them off with a mustard/honey glaze.

Last summer I started experimenting with sauce recipes from various regions and found several that are easy to make and very tasty. One thing that surprised me with homemade sauces is how much the character of them changes a few days after you prepare them, especially the Alabama white sauces. They taste completely different after a few days.

I am hoping to be able to break in the new KK with a pork butt this weekend. I have a lot going on so it may be hard to find time, but one nice thing about the KK it that they can take care of themselves once we get them going. Not having to refuel every hour will make it much easier to whip up some Q on busy days.