Sanny

Easter 2011 cookin'

There's coffee on my butt. :shock:

Ok, ok, so it's intentional. I'm doing a pork butt today, and rubbed it with a modified coffee cardamom rub. I added some cayenne and a bit of roasted sesame oil. I'm going for that vaguely asian thing. We'll see. Not sure what would be a good sauce for the sammiches, though. Depends, I guess. Might not need any, or maybe a teriyaki sort of angle would work.

Of course, I also put on a rack of ribs - just happened to have some in the freezer, taking up valuable space where I want to put some of the cooked pork butt! I made a rub of some Indian spices I have on hand, so we'll see where that goes, too.

Anyone else cooking "stuff" this weekend?

:happy8:

Re: Easter 2011 cookin'

Looks great Sanny, and thanks for the FB comments, the prime rib sounds pretty nice as well.Now what's this I hear of dry aging in a garage? Guessing that's in a fridge of some sort, gonna be the best roast you ever fixed!Incidentally, Dennis sold the unit you and your wife viewed, sure was nice having it in the showroom,gave the place some class!Can't reveal the destination, in case it's a surprise,boy are they gonna love it!

fetch?id=66786fetch?id=66787 Re: Easter 2011 cookin'

Hey, PM - not me doing the aging in the garage. And I'm wifeless! Maybe you're directing that to ifly. I do have updates for all of you who are keeping track of my butt. It's finished! That's a tasty rub, that is. Makes terrific bark, and sticks nicely to the strings tying the roast together, so I have lots of "chef's prize" nibbles. The cook started at around 3pm yesterday, and just ended at 11:15am today. Target temp, about 250. Overnight the temp of the cook dropped to about 200, so the meat had a good long rest at an internal temp around 155-160. I don't mind a well behaved overnight cook. Of course, I smell like a camp fire. :smt102 Good Easter to you all! :smt006

post-6465-139082393425_thumb.jpg

post-6465-139082393432_thumb.jpg