kravnh

UPDATE: 10.6 lb Boston Butt - DONE EARLY

fetch?id=68050

Put this 10.6 lb Boston Butt on just about an hour ago. Rubbed with Chris Lilly's Six-Time World Championship Pork Shoulder rub and injection, and cherry wood for smoke. Set my grid temp to 250 F; it shot up to 272 in the first 30 minutes, then began to fall. At 264 as I write this. I'll try to remember to take pics in the morning as it comes off the KK. Butt1.JPG[/attachment:wodu49rh] UPDATE: I checked the temp at 8:10 this morning, after only 10 hours of cooking, and found the internal temp, checked with a Thermapen, to be anywhere from 197 to 202 F. Everything I know about cooking Boston Butt, including past experience, told me to expect a 15-hour cook. This surprised me. The upshot is that this butt is done almost 9 hours before guests will arrive. I wrapped in HD aluminum foil, then in towels, and the butt is in a cooler. I've let a butt rest 4 hours before pulling, and it was still plenty hot, but can I let this rest for 8-9 hours? will it be to cold? Will the temp drop to unsafe levels during that time? I'm wondering if I should let it rest until noon, then pull it, and warm it up in a CI dutch oven before guests arrive. Any advice is appreciated. Keith