fcnich

Pizza Pizza

Well today i tried my first pizza on Esterdahl.....

Crust

1 cup warm water (110° F)

1 tblsp yeast

1 tsp sugar

1 tblsp plus 1 1/2 tsp exra virgin olive oil

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan

1 tsp salt

Put yeast in small bowl with a small sprinkle of sugar, let proof till frothy about 10 min

Add all to mixer except the flour, start mixing and gradually add flour till you have a slightly sticky ball.

Put a teaspoon of vegetable oil in a stainless steel bowl, smear it around in the bowl, put dough in bowl flip over so both sides have some oil on them, cover with plastic wrap and put in oven at about 100 degrees and let rise till doubled in size.

Punch down and knead a bit, dough is now ready to be rolled out for pizza crust

Pizza Sauce (this makes enough for a few pizzas)

3 tblsp olive oil in in large fry pan

3 cloves garlic, minced

Brown garlic in olive oil

Add

28 oz Italian peeled tomatoes w/basil

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp sugar

1-1/2 tsp oregano

1/4 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp fennel seed

Break up tomatoes and cook over medium heat to high heat, stirring till thick about 15 min.

Roll out dough, add sauce to top of dough, put on whatever toppings you like, and cheese on top of course!

Ok had my kk at about 500 degrees, with pizza stone in and hot. Put pizza on stone and cooked for 10 minutes. The crust was fine except on one edge where it did burn a little, i may have had the dough too close to the edge of the stone, (see picture). The bottom of the crust was perfect, just light brown color. I used Frontier lump, gave the pizza a slight charcoal flavor, with the exception of the burnt edge, it was quite good! Well i guess my second pic of the finished pizza is once again too big to upload, its 501 kb, someday i may figure this picture thing out!!