SouthStarJeff

Food capacity

Re: Food capacity

Last weekend, I cooked two ten pound fresh picnics, two nine pound fresh butts (bone-in), and two eight pound roasting hens simultaneously, with room to spare. Summer of 2010, I cooked four ten pound fresh butts and two eleven pound fresh picnics at once. I have cooked a twenty-five pound turkey. One forum member cooked an entire sucking pig! You should be able to find the string. I think, with careful space usage, at least seventy-five pounds of meat can be cooked on a Gen II. Which tile type/color are you going to get?

Now that is a party girl you have there. Its hard to knock success.

Who would think that once upon a time there was concerned.

If you supply the want to's...Faith will guide you safely on the journey from the known to the unknown.

Great reward Pas! Keep the pic's coming.

Re: Food capacity Here is my latest pork butt cook 8 Butts, average of 6.2 pounds.... 4 on bottom (hard to see) and 4 on top rack. Started at 10pm, took off around 7:30a.m. next day. I would not want to put a 9th on...it would have been really tight which ever grill it went on. I would have been concerned about even airflow and distribution. Maybe it would not have mattered???? n66963

post-6942-139082391211_thumb.jpg

post-6942-139082396255_thumb.jpg

Thanks Cook_Shack. @MadMedik: What a delicious looking pic! I think you could have put on another butt. Air flow would not be as much a concern as doneness. Where the butts are touching, you want to make sure that they are all fully cooked. That could be what you meant by air flow, though. Since the meats shrink as they cook, kind of shift them around so that all surfaces of the meat are exposed to the hot air and natural convection. Man, but I do love these cookers and my forum family! Paswesley