slu

Another Test of ECC and the new upload.

I fired the KK yesterday using 6 rods of charcoal broken into 3 pieces each and added a couple chunks of hickory charcoal for flavor. Heat sinked at 210 for an hour and put pork back ribs on the grill. Drove into Monterey, returned home, and pulled the ribs after 6 hours and 15 minutes. Prior to eating, I downshifted the KK, and raised the temp to 400 degrees. After dinner, we rolled out an apple gallette, and stuck it in the KK. An hour later, we pulled the gallette. The KK could have run all night! fetch?id=68352fetch?id=68349fetch?id=68350fetch?id=68351fetch?id=68353

Re: Another Test of ECC and the new upload.

OK I'll give this a try..... We are having friends and neighbors over for a post holiday BBQ. I put a 21 pound pork shoulder from snake river farms on cooked at 225 for 17 hours and pulled at 185. Pictures attached I hope>> Tony fetch?id=67050fetch?id=67051fetch?id=67052

post-6816-139082397986_thumb.jpg

post-6816-139082397993_thumb.jpg

post-6816-139082397999_thumb.jpg

slu,

The pork went quick. We also tried making BBQ sauce from scratch, we used a recipe I found in the Chris Lilly book. It also went fast..

So how did the trip to Forno Bravo go ?? PM me with the details.

Tony

Yes Michael, another example of the KK's prowess! Did it low and slow at 235 degrees for about 4 hrs, cook to 145 internal, (wife does not like MR) it was moist and tender as in a fine restaurant. It was a bone in roast but i cut off the ribs, put them in the drip pan below, and made au jus. (also found a good deal on it, $5.99 a pound, still was 60 bucks but thats ok!)