qundoy

tortuga

Re: tortuga

Beautiful background color!

Anybody here a digiscoper? I shot a Lewis Woodpecker the other day with my 400mm lens and I discovered it was nowhere near long enough for birding! A Canon 800mm is $14,000. Ouch. So I thought I might try digiscoping. If anyone here has some tips or pitfalls to avoid, please advise.

BTW, the Lewis Woodpecker does not belong around here! This guy is causing a frenzy amongst the local birders. And he's been hanging around for quite a while. I'm not a birder, but might be sliding that way. I drove an hour just to get some pics of this little bugger.

Doc, wow your talking photography over my head and pocketbook, this was taken from about 5-6 ft away with a olympus 850 sw, 8 megapixel,

I just felt fortunate to have the opportunity to enjoy the morning with one of gods beautiful creatures, the water there is the best i have ever seen

Digiscoping is a much cheaper way of shooting super telephoto shots using a spotting scope instead of an insanely expensive super telephoto camera lens. People get startling, phenomenal photos using a cheap point and shoot camera and a relatively affordable spotting scope. Plus the spotting scope can give you photos equal to a 9,000 mm lens!!! The biggest lens most photographers would have would be an 800. And they can cost $ 8,000 to $14,000. A spotting scope can be had for $1,000 to $2,000. I wondered if anyone here has tried Digiscoping.