tamswilson

KK's NorthernMost Accolade

Greetings from the FAR North,

Just posting for the first time... although, I have been a member of this forum (as well as a KK owner) for a few years now. Wanted to make sure my Komodo functioned per my expectations before posting comments or making recommendations, as I am highly selective on who/what I recommend. Well, Komodo Kamado did NOT meet my expectations... it far exceeded my wildest dreams. I will be posting a testomonial in the Happy Campers Area shortly describing how this wonderful grill operates in in one of the most extreme climates possible...

Tams (currently posting this from Beautiful Downtown Deadhorse, Alaska)

Re: KK's NorthernMost Accolade It's a bit snowy in Kenai right now (record snowfall this year). I'm currently doing my 3 week hitch in the oilfields on the North Slope (where tis a bit nippy): fetch?id=67142 Just about have all the salmon, halibut and trout eaten and am ready to start re-stocking the freezer when I get back home. Nothing like a KK for grilling, smoking, baking, etc all these fish... even in dead of winter. Yeah, come on up... happiness is: kicking back in the hot-tub, munching on a strip of KK smoked salmon and watching the Northern Lights dance overhead...

post-6782-13908239925_thumb.jpg

Re: KK's NorthernMost Accolade

Welcome to the party.

I have always said that if I were either younger or single-er I would be living in AK. But my family has an aversion to cold. Personally, I have an internal nuclear furnace, so I stay warm anywhere - TOO warm most of the time here in FL.

You can always add another layer or a blanket if you're cold...but there is only so much you can take off when your hot without getting arrested! :D