EGGARY

Naming of a KK ?

I have noticed names of KK given by their owners. First thing is, is it a Female or Male ? How did you come up with the name ? It's easy with the Big Green Egg as I would say the EGG. Then again, if one gives a name to their KK, does it mean something about the person who gives a name ? I have an idea for a name but to tell people who come over and I call it by a name, what are they going to think ?

Now if it is Male and Jewish, does it get a bris and if so where ? :lol:

Gary

Re: Naming of a KK ?

NO you KK does not need a bris.... is should remain natural. Whats in a name? A rose by any other name smells as sweet. Well enough of that, when i got my KK my friends said it looked like an urn, so i named mine after a local mortuary... Esterdahl, and i am very happy with Esterdahl. So i guess my personal advise about a name is have fun with it, your in for years of fun with your KK!

Enjoy

Carter

I do believe that there is something in a name. As such, I would suggest that you try to let the KK name itself. Wait a while, and if you pay atention, it will name itself. The perfect name will arise out of your interactions with it. My Mable just seemed to need to have that name (Mable). Mable is such a warm, apple pie, comfort food kind of name. That is so apt a name, considering what a KK is and the way that we experience it. At least- we think so at our place. :)

My Ralph picked his own name.

While in service there was a young Ralph that worked for me. I had to be very precise in my instructions and request when dealing with Ralph. He followed all directions to the letter. Don't just ask for a wrench it might be 30 miles away.

Today's Ralph also has exact reactions to my actions.

It is up to me to know what to ask Ralph to do, for I will get exactly what I ask for.

The old adage "Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it" is a sure thing with Ralph.

(As sure as death and taxes)

There is a good side... In spite of my directions he has never done anything that wasn't good!

Don't rush to name your KK. It will come to you and just feel right.

Should the name come up around friends, dont be ashamed about it. It represents a passion for cooking and perfection that we all are looking to achieve in the backyard.

My KK's name, Kahlan, is a fictional character who represented Truth, Beauty, Perfection, and a woman all men would desire to know. How could I not name her Kahlan....I suppose I could have named her Patty, but she is already my wife !